09 April 2011
Biologi SMA X RPP 3 ( In English )
BIOLOGY LESSON PLAN 3
Subject : Biology
Grade/Semester : X (Ten)/ 1
Meeting : 4
Time Allocation : 2 sessions
Basic Competence : 2.1 Describing characteritics, replication, and the roles of virus in life
Aim : Students should be able to understand the characteristics of virus, the structure of virus body, and its role in human life
· Drawing the structure of virus body based on the ultramicroscopic photograph
· Describing the characteristics of virus
· Comparing the characteristics of virus and the characteristics of animals/plants
· Drawing the virus reproduction scheme
· Identifying the roles of virus in human life
· Doing an analysis about virus and virus-caused diseases
II. Topics of Learning
· Principles and elements of classification of living organisms
· Characteristics of virus:
1. Characteristics of viruses of non-living organisms
2. Characteristics of virus life
· The structure of virus body
· The virus reproduction
· The roles of virus in human life:
1. Advantageous roles
2. Disadvantageous roles
III. Learning Methodology
IV. Learning Steps
Meeting 4 (2 sessions)
A. Pre-activity (15 minutes)
· The teacher and the students discuss the principles of living organisms classification.
· The teacher and the students discuss the living organisms classification at the Kingdom level.
B. While activity (65 minutes)
· The teacher asks the history of virus discovery.
· The teacher and the students draw the structure of virus body based on ultramicroscopic photograph.
· The teacher and the students discuss the characteristics and the structure of virus body.
· Students determine the differences between virus characteristics and the other living organisms (activity 3.1).
· The teacher and the students draw the virus reproduction scheme.
· The teacher and students discuss the roles of virus in human life.
C. Post-activity (10 minutes)
· The teacher and the students determine the characteristics and the structure of virus body.
· The teacher assigns the students to write an analysis about virus and virus-caused diseases. The assignment is submitted on the next session.
· Biology IA workbook, Esis
· Biology 1A text-book, Esis, Chapter 2 and 3
· Ultramicroscopic virus photograph
· Various information about virus-caused diseases
· Competency written test
· The result of the roles of virus analysis